A Little Help Hosting for Community Media
Most non-profits are able manage their web presence using the free, open source software like Drupal or WordPress. These sites are often limited to "brochure-ware" content about the organization. Often after mastering the process of publishing a Content Management System (CMS), a group will slowly increase amount of interaction with members online. Different groups have had varying degrees of success based in large part on the skill level of staff managing the site.
This ALH hosting package is designed to balance the need to support the more complicated features introduce in a Customer or Constituent Management System (CRM) while still encouraging a DYI approach to Drupal and CiviCRM that makes open source a more cost effective option for feature rich websites and membership management. Hosting is available in 3 sizes:
Organizations already using A Little Help Hosting for CiviCRM include:
A Little Help Hosting provides hosting and support for the Community Media Starter Kit on Pantheon. For the same price as Pantheon's Professional Level, organizations get 12 hours of support per year (roughly 1 hour per month). Additional support, training, or custom development can be purchased in 5 hours packages for $375.
Some of the Features Included in the Community Media Starter Kit:
- Basic publishing and "brochure-ware" content managed using Drupal.
- Membership renewal, class sign-ups, and certifications are managed using CiviCRM
- Member Self Service or Staff Managed Equipment Checkout and Facility Reservations using Reservations API module
- Projects move from proposal to public page with staff approval. Once approved, Producers, Reservations and Shows are grouped together using the Project module
- Shows are submitted by Producer using the Show module
- Members find a crew of volunteers with the skills they need with Crew Connect module